This prize will be open until the first person answers all the questions correctly. Write your answers in a comment to this quiz. Make sure to number the answers so they match the questions and provide an e-mail address for me to contact you. Each question has a link that will take you to where you may find the answers.
1. What does the First of all Virtues mean?
2. What is the Chinese attitude toward health care?
3. What was the life expectancy for the average Chinese person before the Communists won China in 1949?
4. What was the debate on salt and iron about?
5. Chinese Internet users are _____________ as likely to have blogs as Americans. (fill in the blank)
6. (From Similar “Oily” Interests) What is Wahhabism and where does the money come from to pay for this?
7. What happened during Deng Xiaoping’s Beijing Spring?
8. What happened to Deng Xiaoping’s son when he spoke out against the Cultural Revolution?
9. What vital key does China hold for humanity’s future?
10. How does Communist China treat its minorities compared to the way minorities have been treated in the United States?
11. Who was Faith Dremmer and what happened to her?
12. What did Peter Hessler say about happiness?
13. How many of the world’s smokers live in China?
14. What is the name of China’s Oprah and how large is her audience?
15. What is the difference between China’s labor laws and United States?
16. What did Lin Yutang say about the Chinese and Christianity?
17. What did the first emperor of China consume that contributed to his madness and death? (This answer is in one of the nine linked posts in a series about Qin Shi Huangdi.) Why did Qin Shi Huangdi do this? (must answer both questions for # 17)
18. When the “Cult of the Dead Cow” gains access to your computer, what do they do?
19. Which issue of National Geographic magazine provides proof that Tibet was part of China for centuries before Mao’s invasion and reoccupation?
20. What is the name of the all-electric car being manufactured in a joint effort between Chinese and California partners?
Lloyd Lofthouse is the author of the award winning novels My Splendid Concubine and Our Hart. He also Blogs at The Soulful Veteran and Crazy Normal.
Sign up for an RSS Feed for iLook China